Monday, July 28, 2008

This week is going to be one of the most productive weeks since the holidays commenced! I am attending a conference on return migration in Asia. I will be meeting my supervisor finally to bounce some ideas off, and to guage roughly how I am going to make full use of these two years left. These will probably my final years of studying, and of research, because I don't think I will be pursuing my PHD after completing my bond. Four years is a long time in the academia, and a lot of developments could have taken place in your absence! I wouldn't want to have to pick up everything all over again! But then again, who knows? Nothing is for sure in this world!

Life after commencement has been good. Going out sporadically, spending time at home, slacking. I keep telling myself I deserve this. Ever since Year 1 when I joined CSC, I have never had a holiday like this. My first Dec holidays was spent on CSC Day 2005; subsequent ones involved 4th MC duties (VAT & CSC Chalet) and then SLP 2007 & 2008 preparations + thesis preparation). My May - July holidays have always been dedicated to Ethelonter (II, III & IV) and for the last May - July holidays, I attended a Field Studies module, joined GAW 2007 on top of supervising Ethelonter IV. By the time I handed in my thesis on 14th April 2008, I realli realli felt the urge to just relax and enjoy life. And I am glad I did. It seemed to have made me a better person. :-)

Let this be a good week, concluding with a photoshoot with a few of my CSC friends and possibly a visit to Singfest 2008 (I'm really tempted to go!)!

No comments: